Pokemon RP Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon RP Knights

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Redsill, engineering central

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:56 am

Finding a place to buy a ponyta proved more difficult than expected, as you have somehow become totally lost. You find yourself in a section of town that looks significantly less advanced than the rest of it, the royal enclave frowns upon the field of engineering. This is the part of town which, by mandate from the prince himself, belongs to the royal family and those in its employ. Most people believe it was set aside in order for the Prince to spy on Redsill until he decides to make his move against it. The royal enclave is almost silent, with an execution platform in the center and a board occupied by wanted posters at its base.
Back to top Go down
https://fmirp.rpg-board.net
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:57 am

Veryn walked through the town, coins in hand. He looked for somebody to talk to, so he could ask where he might find a Ponyta for hire. "Hello?" he called into the silent alleyways.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:09 am

There was a knight standing by the execution platform, he was standing almost perfectly still, most people probably assumed he was a statue. "Why do you call to the alleyways for company, boy? Do you seek a den of thieves in this, the royal enclave, where naught is embraced but peace and order?!"
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:18 am

Veryn had been startled by the knight. "Oh, no, i'm looking to hire a Ponyta, do you know where I could find one looking for work?" he said. "Unless you would like to pull my wagon for me? You look strong enough to do it.."
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:44 am

It was difficult to see through the helmet how the knight was looking at you exactly, coming into the last place most people would go to buy a horse and cracking jokes at a knight of the royal army. "You're quite a clueless boy to not notice that there was a stable outside the gate when you came into town! Unless you have further business here, I suggest you move along as we have an important guest scheduled to arrive soon."

As he finished speaking, another man walked casually into the enclave's culdesac. He wore a blue shirt with a black vest over it and nice slacks and his hair was a dark green. As he passed by, the guard bowed his head respectfully, but he stopped and approached the two of you, the knight went into the building at the back of the enclave "You don't seem familiar, you arrived in town recently? Ah, manners, my name is Alfonse Zennek, something tells me you may be an interesting person to meet. Unfortunately, I have a meeting to attend to with the head of this department so it will have to be delayed. If you're in town for awhile longer, I'm sure we'll meet again." with that, the lord of castle Redsill casually walked into the building after the knight from earlier.
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Waving goodbye to the oh so friendly knight. "Thank you noble sir!" he shouted, common courtesy for a knight of the prince doing his job. He had met zennek, which was inspiring to him, that a lord would actually talk to him, and wasn't an ass like the new lord of Burkham, which his friends had joked about. "I guess i'm going to the stables than." He than proceeded to find his way back through the royal quarter and find the stables at the gate.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:23 pm

You manage to find your way back to the city gates without incident after some time. You're just passing the tavern and the store which is working on your cart. The lively sounds from the bar clash with the sound of people hard at work right across the street in so many ways that one would think the two buildings were specifically trying to sound different from one another. The main gate is visible from where you are standing, the iron door held open for travelers to enter and exit the city.
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Veryn than walked up to the gate and looked for the stables. He needed a Ponyta and he was going to get one!
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Just outside the gate was a stable with a hanging sign over the door which reads "Cinder-hoof Stables." Some of the Ponyta were visible in an enclosure where they were free to move around. A few of the younger ones stopped to look at you, something they likely did for most strangers walking by. The door to the small building where business was taken care of stood open.
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Veryn entered the stables. "I'd like to hire the strongest Ponyta you've got!" He said, holding up the bag of coins that was significantly lighter than it used to be from the wagon purchase.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:52 pm

The owner of the stable stared at you for a minute before snapping at you, "It's rude to assume you have more money than any of our pokemon are worth, stranger. Go out back, look at our ponyta, then we'll negotiate how much it'll cost to get you that ponyta, got it?"
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:55 pm

Veryn hadn't expected the hostility, but he thought the Ponyta are often mistreated and put the thought away. He left the room and went into the stables, walking past the stalls and examining each one, prefferably the strongest and most hardy out of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:25 pm

These ponyta were vastly different from wild ones, most of them were about as tall as you were and some were taller. Their fiery manes were also a bit more conservative but had bits of fire around their feet. There were about eight ponyta in the stable, each varying slightly in their physical attributes. About three of them meet the minimum requirements to pull the weight of your ideal cart, they are Klesta (F), Grith (M) and Dira (F). Their prices range within 20-30g with training and food included.
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Veryn stopped at the strong male Ponyta's stable, Grith was it's name. A fine name for his job, someone who wouldn't complain what he was doing, and could possibly watch the wagon for him. He than went back into the stable-master's house. "I'd like to hire Grith, lets negotiate pricing."
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:45 pm

"Grith, huh? He's pretty good, good strength and stamina. Only problem is that he knows he's strong, so he's very willful at times. So, by himself, Grith is worth about twenty-three gold pieces. Training him to know you're in charge would generally go for about two extra pieces since he's stubborn. A bag of food and a feeding bag for him is one piece, making a total of twenty-six gold pieces. Deal?"
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Veryn smiled. "Deal." he held his hand outward to the man in an offer to shake it. It was about time he rolled in style, with a ballin wagon led by a blazing horse. Pun intended and aside, this wagon would allow him to gain more money from his trade, a worthwhile investment. He also hoped that the Ponyta was alright with the capture and selling of pokemon, but hoped as long as he was fed and payed, it would prove a worthwhile investment aswell.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:56 pm

The traditional handshake settled, the owner stamped a wax seal onto a document stating that the holder of said document has full rights to the Ponyta by the name of "Grith" for use in transportation. You may claim Grith anytime after his handler has completed the training process required for him to acknowledge you as his owner. Once you have also stamped or otherwise put a signature on the document, it will be registered as yours.
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Veryn than left the building, he decided he would look for some additional cages, and possibly trade his old cart for anything else he needed. He was going to be flat broke after this, but he knew it was worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:41 pm

(To save time, we will assume that Veryn was capable of locating the stores to buy the necessary supplies and to sell his cart. I'll let you decide what you buy since we'll be here for much longer than anyone should need to be if we had you go and buy every item you want for your cart. Call this a montage, I guess.)

The sale value of the cart is roughly fifteen gold pieces due to its size and wear. The going rate for an iron cage is:
3g for a small cage (for containing pokemon like pidgeys or things of similar size)
5g for a medium cage (holds two small pokemon or one pokemon that is the size of two small ones)
10g for a large cage (holds four small pokemon or one pokemon roughly the size of a graveler; sorry, they don't really make cages big enough to hold an onix... which could likely break free of most cages as it is)

Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Veryn had offered to pay 20 gold after selling his cart, he wanted one large cage and two medium cages, this would fill the amount of space he needed perfectly. He would see if he could fit the remaining two cages once he was done. And he would be back to load up the cages when the Ponyta was ready, aswell as the wagon.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Near the tavern, there is a well-dressed man who appears to be looking for someone. Upon seeing you in the street, he approaches, "Good day, sir! I've been asked by Lord Zennek to give a message to a man of your description, which without a name has been somewhat difficult. In order to be sure you are who I was asked to find, my Lord told me to ask you where you last saw him."

Zennek said he would try to talk with you later, he has apparently sent a porter to contact you, but neglected to have asked for your name when he met you.
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Veryn recounted the brief meeting between him, the executioner and Zennek. "I believe it was in the royal quarters by the executioner's stand.." Veryn was now broke, and was worried if he had to buy dinner for the lord. "Did he want to meet me again right away?"
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:33 am

"He wants to see you at your earliest convenience. I could take you to him when you're ready to meet with him." The courier was behaving like the typical idea of a butler or manservant, all that was missing was a mustache and a courtly bow at the end of his sentences.
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:34 am

Veryn didn't know where the location was, but agreed to follow the man there. "Could you take me to the location, please?" he said. "I'm interested in what he would like me to talk about. But i'm not from Redsill, I was practically lost when I met Lord Zennek."
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:45 am

"I myself don't ask my lord's reasons behind his requests. I'm sure he'll tell you about everything he needs to when you see him. Anyways, if you'll follow me, I'll take you to Lord Zennek's personal laboratory, it's where he spends all of his time that he is allowed to get away from civic duties." With that said, the messenger walked purposefully towards the center of the city to lead you to where you were to meet the lord of Redsill, although the reason he wanted to speak to you in particular is still hard to discern.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redsill, engineering central   Redsill, engineering central - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redsill, engineering central
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next