Pokemon RP Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon RP Knights

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upcoming System: NPC Organizations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming System: NPC Organizations   Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Recent discussion has brought about inspiration for this idea.
Here are the core concepts of the "Organization System"

-The organizations can only be posted by an administrator. If anyone wants to create an organization, give an admin ALL related information to the desired organization and then we'll approve or reject it or say how it can be fixed, then if it's approved we post it in a specific section of the NPC forum.

-An organization is a group of characters (people and/or pokemon) that are independent from the main cities or authorities but are all closely associated to one another. They'll be able to be used for encounters by the staff as we narrate stories and players will be able to interact with them as they would other NPCs.

-Some organizations will be open for characters to join while others are hostile to those not in their ranks. It is possible to draw followers from an organization, but they must join you like any other NPC would.

-All organizations would need to have information regarding their history and policies (so that narrators can control them appropriately) as well as a leader with a full character sheet. Members that seek to create an organization will have to supply a sheet for the organization's leader and the leader -must- be an NPC, if a member refuses to supply a leader's character sheet then the staff will make one instead.

-An organization leader cannot become a permanent follower without DIRECT PERMISSION from an administrator. If an organization leader dies or is in any way permanently removed from an organization, the related organization will either dissolve or a new leader NPC will be created to replace them.

Discuss this and then we'll decide whether or not to put this system into place.
Back to top Go down
https://fmirp.rpg-board.net
Mr. Tyra

Mr. Tyra

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming System: NPC Organizations   Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:02 pm

I like it and think we could have a lot of fun with this system. Much more creativity allowed Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.theprojectrp.proboards.com
Havoc

Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming System: NPC Organizations   Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:20 pm

Yes, I too like the idea as well.
Back to top Go down
Skully
Narrator
Skully

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming System: NPC Organizations   Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Hmm... good idea. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming System: NPC Organizations   Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:06 am

Alright, I'm going to propose that the following be used as a sort of template for requesting that a group be made(I'll make it a code once it's approved):

Name: what the organization is called by itself and those who know of it

History: how the organization was started and several key events in its past and what happened that led to the policies it holds now. Since this is the combined history of an entire population, take this section seriously as it can make or break your request!

Policies: in short, this is basically like a personality but for organizations. Explain how this organization treats its members and how it treats outsiders, are there any unique traditions in this organization or beliefs generally shared among its members? explain anything and EVERYTHING a staff member would need to know in order to accurately represent this organization in the story! This is the second most important thing to include in the request form.

Uniform: This doesn't necessarily mean clothing, this means any distinguishing physical characteristic unique to this group. pictures are helpful. This could include tattoos, clothing, unusual body shape or size, tools, weapons, et cetera.

Location: This is where the organization, or its home base, can be found. this information isn't necessarily common knowledge to characters and is mostly so that narrators know where it's possible for a character to encounter the organization. It can be located in a city or in a wild location, it can exist in more than one place, but it must be said to be in at least one specific area or we will assume it is nowhere and doesn't exist, in other words, it'd be denied.

Influence: this section is for saying how strong this organization is, how much control it has in different areas and how well most people know about it. Say whether or not authorities even know of its existence. Another way to describe it is to see it as the organization's power of presence.

Leader: tell us a little bit about who's currently in charge of the organization, there's no need to make a full sheet for them until after the core of the organization is accepted. Include just a brief summary of their personality and their relative age and physical/mental condition. If we like what we see, we'll ask you for a full sheet, if not, we'll tell you to change something or the organization won't happen.

requesting that an organization be made is serious business and will require more work as it is like you are asking to make an entire population of NPCs and perhaps even a small city. entire plots could involve these things so I want to be absolutely sure they are done right and done well.

So, among those things, is there anything that should be edited, removed, or added? (also, added note, should we allow people to create a player character originating from an organization? if so, what rules should there be regarding this?)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tyra

Mr. Tyra

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming System: NPC Organizations   Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Not sure if you put this under profile template yet but just a suggestion:

Logo of the Organization, I suppose this could go with Uniform but still

Yes I would say people could make Player Character Organization but the admins (and perhaps the creator of the organization) should also see if they really fit the mold of being in said organization and the history should do a good job explaining how they got into the organization. And also I suppose policies should help seeing if a player character fits:

For example say an organization rarely admits humans into it. If someone where to make a human character from this organization then they better have a good reason as why the organization allowed the human to join them.

Maybe add a rough estimate how many members (admins could confirm and pick a number say for example an organization has from 10-20 Humans and like 40-50 Pokemon members, the admins could finalize hey get 5 humans and 30 pokemon members).

Oh and status/alignment with the Prince should be added as well are they willing to work with him, do they hate him and seek to destroy him, or do they not really give a shit about the Prince. Perhaps again the Admins add what the Prince thinks of this organization as well.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming System: NPC Organizations   Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:58 pm

As far as an organization's creator is concerned, the organization leaves their control as soon as it's been created. They have no real influence on what happens in/to that group once it is formed. Admin or at least staff permission should be requested before making a character belong to a specific organization so that it can be worked out how to pull it off while maintaining proper continuity.

I may have been vague, but I intended the "influence" section to also include their strength of numbers. I guess I really just need to iron out the actual format that the organization profiles and then we can truly get rolling with this system.

I could probably try to include a feature of saying where the organizations stand in reference to the law and whatnot. Just like how I include in the personalities of lords what they think of the prince, I kind of expected that to be in the Policy section of the Organizations.

Okay... I'll try to finalize the organization system today, but it's a bit of a task to make a template that works...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tyra

Mr. Tyra

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming System: NPC Organizations   Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Alright so I should refrain from working on it further till I get the final template or do you want me to be the test dummy?
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming System: NPC Organizations   Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Go ahead and send me any information you want to, I think I'd be able to mold it into a proper format when I have a proper format to use.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tyra

Mr. Tyra

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming System: NPC Organizations   Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Alright then I am using your first template as a model (and we will see how it goes from there)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming System: NPC Organizations   Upcoming System: NPC Organizations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming System: NPC Organizations
Page 1 of 1